PH and Colour Therapy
‘The light is always there. How much light comes to you depends on you.’
—Master Choa Kok Sui; The Golden Sutras on Meditation
Understanding Pranic Healing and Our Etheric Body
Developed by Grandmaster Choa Kok Sui, PH is a study of energy that is highly evolved and corresponds with the harmony present in the universe. In PH, the essential life force, that is prana, is used to restore the imbalances in a body. Prana, Sanskrit for life force, is not only common to all living beings but is also the source of all restorative energy. PH, essentially, is based on the idea that the body is self-regenerative that possess the ability to heal itself. This force invisible to all except clairvoyants, those who can see beyond the physical real, is responsible for keeping the body in good health.
Having said this, PH is a study that also looks beyond the physical to provide solutions and treatment for various ailments. Our physical body is enveloped by a twin body constituted of bioplasmic, luminous matter, again invisible to all except clairvoyants; many even regard this to be the body’s twin. Our etheric body also known as aura is the part that absorbs prana and is responsible for its distribution.
In PH, prana is first absorbed by the etheric body and then enters the physical body through chakras. Chakras or energy centres are specific places, better known as meridians, through which this force enters. A healthy spinning of the chakras signifies a healthy body, both etheric and physical and any imbalance in this causes the bodies to suffer a loss of prana. Simply stated, just as the etheric body channels and distributes prana, it also loses it.
The chakras have another important characteristic, these are colour coded. Each chakra corresponds to a different kind of prana which is of a different colour and performs a specific function.
The Different Type of Colours and Their Function
Prana is everywhere. This is important because restorative energy can be drawn at all time and once the right source of depletion has been identified, that aspect can be improved for better functioning. A combination of a proper diet, breathing and meditation exercises, along with good relationships keeps the chakras spinning, thereby maintaining the body’s harmony. PH uses colours to counter the imbalances and provide the necessary healing to the body.
A chakra or an energy centre corresponds to an organ and of the many, the following are the 7 most prominent:
- The Basic or Root Chakra, located at the base of our spine or in the tailbone area, vibrates with the frequency of the colour red. This helps in creating strong foundations and helps in staying grounded. This is fundamental in determining an individual’s independence, financial or otherwise, and influences mood swings.
- The Sacral Chakra, located in the abdomen, vibrates with the frequency of the colour orange. This is fundamental in generating a sense of abundance and pleasure and helps in creating an overall sense of well-being.
- The Solar Plexus Chakra, located in the stomach area or the lower abdomen, vibrates with the frequency of the colour yellow. This helps in creating, developing, and sustaining a sense of identity, thereby governing our ability to remain confident and self-assured. Issues related to the self, especially those associated with self-worth and self-esteem can be treated by mobilizing this chakra and its corresponding colour.
- The Heart Chakra, located at the centre of the chest just above the heart, vibrates with the frequency of the colour green. This helps with our ability to love and is fundamental in generating a sense joy and inner peace. Those with difficulties in relating to love or are afraid of commitments, should focus on this chakra and its healthy spinning.
- The Throat Chakra, located in the throat, vibrates with the frequency of the colour blue. This helps in self-expression and communication of all sorts. Those dealing with communication-related issues should focus on this chakra and its vibrancy.
- The Third Eye Chakra, located on the forehead and between the eyes, vibrates with the frequency of the colour indigo. This is fundamental in helping to see things clearly and with the necessary perspective. Also known as the brow chakra, people with issues related to wisdom and intuition should focus on the healthy spinning of this chakra. This is helpful for those who are imaginative and wish to enhance these skills.
- The Crown Chakra, located at the top of the head, vibrates with the frequency of the colour violet. This is also known as the highest chakra and determines our ability to stay spiritually connected.
Together these maintain the health and well-being of the body. With little to do with the physical exterior, the chakras show how the realm of the physical is limited in its scope and ability. The sooner we realize that our physical forms are just a dimension of our being, the better we’ll be able to connect with ourselves and other patterns of harmony and existence.